Every surfer knows that there’s nothing quite like it when those rare moments occur, when the wind turns offshore, creating perfectly clean waves. And to honour that feeling, and their passion for surfing, the team at North Cornwall based Sharp’s Brewery has created ‘Offshore’, a refreshing, invigorating Pilsner. To celebrate the launch of Offshore, Sharp’s has teamed up with its surf ambassador Andrew ‘Cotty’ Cotton to offer one lucky winner a place on his Surf Fit Camp in Nazare, Portugal, from 28 April – 5 May 2018. 10 runners-up will receive a 12 pack of Offshore and a Carve T-shirt. Just pop your email address in here to enter, and read on to find out what you could be experiencing, next month, thanks to Sharp’s Brewery and Offshore.
The winner will receive an email on the afternoon of Wednesday 28 April. Please watch out for this and respond immediately so Sharp’s can start organising your travel! Good luck!
Collaborating with a team of global wellbeing, nutrition and training experts and scientists, Cotty has created his bespoke, personalised Surf Fit Camps. Bringing unprecedented access to the world’s most qualified surf fitness coaches and their deep pool of knowledge and methods, the week-long camps deliver psychological and physical training techniques to dedicated surfers.
- a full physical assessment to an individually targeted level of support
- daily yoga, paddle practice in the ocean and surf sessions
- swim training
- breath training
- gym sessions (both indoor and outdoor)
- aerobic workouts on the famous Nazare cliff stairway
- presentations on mindset and psychology of surfing bigger waves
- an introduction to hypoxic training (improving performance and adapting to low oxygen)
- strength conditioning
- ocean awareness
- a Nazare lighthouse tour
- a nutritional expert will be catering for the shared surf house setting all week, and the winner will have their own room. There’s also the camaraderie that any surf adventure brings and Sharp’s Brewery will ensure there’s always a fridge full of ice-cold Offshore at the end of the day
All the winner has to do is get themselves to a UK airport, get their own travel insurance, and everything else will be taken care of for them by Sharp’s Brewery’s Offshore.
Surf Fit is all about making you more comfortable in the ocean so that you can take your surfing to the next level and to make the most of all surf conditions, especially when it goes offshore. No matter what level you are starting out at, our specialist Surf Fit team will provide our guests with targeted support to increase their personal confidence and performance. Whether they’re aiming to paddle into 3 feet or 30 feet, what they learn within this packed week will improve their general and surf specific fitness with long term results and benefits. And those benefits will spill over into their everyday life in ways they couldn’t have imagined. Thanks to Sharp’s Brewery, we will be taking a winner out with us to ensure we work with them towards their personal objectives, both in and out of the water. We’re looking forward to meeting them and of course sharing a cold can of Offshore together at the end of the day
T & Cs for Sharp’s OFFSHORE ANDREW COTTON SURF FIT CAMP – SURFGIRL MAGAZINE
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, its group companies, Sharp’s Brewery Ltd (“Sharp’s”), their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw. Proof of age will be required
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered.
3. Entries must be submitted via the competition entry points on the Carve website here: (****Insert page link) and entry is restricted to one per person. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended in any way.
4. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. One overall winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date and 10 runners up will be drawn at random also. The winners’ names and counties can be obtained by sending a sae to Sharp’s Brewery, Pityme Industrial Estate, Rock, Cornwall, PL27 6NU within one month after the closing date of the prize draw.
5. The entry period opens on 20/03/18 and all entries must be received by 12.00hrs GMT on Friday 28/03/18.
6. The main winner and the 10-runner’s up will be contacted by Carve Magazine by telephone and/or email (depending on what details the entrant provided on entry) within 72 hours of the draw. The draw will take place after 12pm GMT on 28/03/18. Should Carve Magazine be unable to contact the winners or the winners do not respond to their win notification by 01/04/18 the Promoter reserves the right to award the prizes to alternative winners, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
7. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. Should the prize become unavailable, no alternative prize will be offered.
8. The overall winner (who will be the first person selected during the prize draw) will win a holiday for one person on the Andrew Cotton Surf Fit Camp in Nazare, Portugal, from the 28th April – 5th May 2018. These dates cannot be changed. The week will include: Full physical assessment (to individually target level of support), daily yoga, surfing sessions, paddle practice in the ocean, swim training, breath training, gym sessions (both indoor and outdoor), aerobic workout on the famous Nazare cliff stairway, presentation on mindset and psychology of surfing bigger waves, an introduction to hypoxic training (improving performance and adapting to low oxygen), strength conditioning, ocean awareness, lighthouse tour, Red Bull warehouse tour and meditation. The retreat is fully catered with delicious local food which is monitored by our nutritionist to keep the winner in optimum health for the week. The accommodation is a single room on a full board basis (limited to 3 meals per day). Drinks are not included in the package. No spending money will be provided. There is an on-site gym, yoga area, massage room, lounge and communal kitchen as well as an outside area perfect for relaxing with a Sharp’s Offshore Pilsner in the evening. The camp is located just a few minutes from the famous Praia do Norte in Nazare and Surf Fit will provide transfers to and from the beach where they train and surf. The winner will also get the full ‘Nazare Experience’ with tours of the Lighthouse and big wave surfing museum as well as the warehouse where all of the surfers keep and look after their equipment. The winner will get explore the beautiful town of Nazare and see where all of the big wave action happens which is so often visible in the global press. The winner will also receive a 4 week online Surf Fit course before the retreat and an online ocean confidence course designed by globally renowned waterman and big wave surfer Mark Visser after the retreat. Surf Fit have the right to amend the programme or delivery of activities at any point without warning. Surf Fit representatives will constantly monitor the group of retreat attendees and will amend or remove activities deemed not suitable at the time. Surf Fit shall endeavour to deliver the programme outlined or a very similar activities but shall maintain a degree of flexibility to target the group or individuals effectively. The prize also includes transfers from Lisbon Airport. Travel to Portugal will be arranged for the winner by Sharp’s Brewery and this will be economy return flights from a UK airport to Lisbon. The winner is responsible for their travel to and from the UK airport, and their personal travel insurance. The winner will also receive a Carve T-shirt (Sizes Available: uni-sex S-XL, subject to availability).
9. The 10x runners up selected will each receive a 12 x 330ml can pack of Sharp’s Offshore Pilsner and a Carve T shirt (Sizes Available uni-sex: S-XL, subject to availability). These will be posted on receipt of the runners up addresses. Runners up will be selected at random and notified by Friday 6th April 2018. Prizes will then be sent by recorded delivery by Friday 13th April 2018. Please note, they will need to be signed for.
10. The prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
11. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity on behalf of Sharp’s Brewery.
11. Entrants’ data will be used for the purpose of administration of this prize draw and in accordance with the permissions granted or withheld at the point of entry. By entering and providing details, entrants agree for their email addresses and contact details provided to be passed to Sharp’s Brewery for administration of the prize only.
12. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter. Accordingly, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
13. The Promoter is responsible for the entire competition.13. These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these Terms or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14. Promoter: Carve magazine, Orca Publications Ltd, Lowin House, Tregolls Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2NA. Company Number: 02934807.