Gluten Free Chocolate & Coconut Cupcakes
These tasty treats are delicious, gluten free and vegan – there’s nothing we love more than a healthy yummy treat.
Makes 15 cupcakes
250ml Coconut milk
70g Caster sugar
125g Brown rice flour
30g Cocoa powder
1tbsp Baking powder
40g Desiccated coconut
200g Dairy free- chocolate chips
For the icing:
200g Icing sugar
4tsp Cocoa powder
Vanilla sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 350°F and place the cupcake cases into a baking tray.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and caster sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Separately measure in a jug the coconut milk and then add it to the mix.
- Add the oil, baking powder, chocolate chips and desiccated coconut.
- Give the mixture a big stir until it is a smooth consistency.
- Distribute the mixture amongst the cupcake cases and place in the centre of the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cakes begin to crack on the top.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing by mixing the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add a tsp of water at a time to the powder until the icing becomes thick.
- Once the cakes have cooled, place the icing in a piping bag or just spoon the mixture over the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with vanilla sugar to finish.
Don’t have any gluten free flour? No worries, you can simply use self-raising flour instead.