The key to loosing weight and maintaining a healthy diet is making sure you eat regularly and snack healthy. Here’s an awesome low fat dip which is packed with vitamins.
We love this Pea and Walnut Dip from Squirrel Sisters. It’s so easy to make and can be stored away in the fridge for those moments when you’re wanting a little pick me up midway through the day and is much better for you than a packet of crisps. This dip goes well with crudities and can also be a lovely dinner party dish. Even though the ingredients are quite simple the nutritional benefits are still great, walnuts are high in Omega-3 fats and antioxidants which some research shows can help support brain health. Peas are also packed full of vitamins such as vitamin K, vitamin C, zinc and many more.
- 240g x Frozen peas (I use Petit Pois)
- 40g x Walnuts
- 20g x Fresh basil (large handful)
- 1 1/5 tbsp x Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/5 tsp x Garlic (crushed)
- Generous pink of Himalayan salt (or rock salt) and pinch of black pepper
1. Pop all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour the mix into a serving dip bowl and drizzle a little more extra olive oil and sprinkle over some walnuts to garnish.
3. Enjoy with crudities, crisps, bread sticks or flat breads.
For more nutritional recipes get the Surf Girl Guide to Surf Fitness