Chocolate + peanut butter = a winning combo right?! If you’re like us and you can’t resist the two then why not try out these super tasty brownies. They are jam packed with all the good nutritional stuff that our bodies need and crave. Plus they are 100 % vegan and gluten free too. Yum!
50g Vegan chocolate chips
200ml Coconut milk (Alpro)
150g Caster sugar
3tbsp Chia seeds
150g Brown rice flour
20g Cacao powder
125ml Coconut oil + extra for greasing
1tsp Baking powder
1tbsp Peanut butter
Did you know? Chia seeds are a great replacement for eggs as they are full of omega-3 and act as a binding agent in a cake mix.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °and line a 20cm baking tray with coconut oil.
- Place the chia seeds into a blender and add 9tbsp of water. Blend until the chia seeds have become thicker in consistency.
- Meanwhile measure out the cacao powder, flour, baking powder and sugar and mix together in a bowl.
- Stir in the blended chai seeds to the mixing bowl along with the water and coconut milk.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan melt down the coconut oil until it changes from a solid into a liquid.
- Add the melted coconut oil along with the chocolate chips and the peanut butter.
- If available, place all the mixture into a blender to give it a final mix.
- Gradually pour the mixture into the baking tray and finish off with adding lashings of peanut butter to the top of the cake. This also gives it a swirl effect, Pretty right?
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Once removed from the oven lightly mark out 16 squares with a knife before leaving to cool for a further 10 minutes.
- Once cooled you can then cut the brownie firmly into pieces using the light marks as a guide for where to cut.
- Enjoy with ice cream!
Feeling up to the challenge? Why not try out our homemade nut butter recipe and swap the peanut butter for your very own version of the stuff. Click here to see how to make nut butter.